Sunday, February 10, 2013

A Duelist in Mordheim

There is something very refreshing about painting a single mini. It is so nice to get a single figure completely done in the space of a day or two rather than laboriously painting 30 musket barrels, then 30 musket stocks then 30 musket flints and so an and so forth of into infinity.

I got this particular mini last year sometime when I was thinking about building a Witch-hunter warband for Mordheim. I eventually dropped the idea but I recently found my original Reikland warband and thought I could add him in.

A young noble of the Empire


I am a huge fan of Mordheim although I have to say that I struggle to win games as humans. My primary opponent is Skaven and they are a truly terrifying opponent. My vision for this model is a young nobleman who gets in over his head in society and is forced to flee from the capital and make his living on the road. An enterprising young fellow might just make his way to the city of the damned.

In keeping with the Mordheim theme I improved cobble stones. Next time I think I will wear gloves when I do this as the finger prints are a little more pronounced than I might have hoped.

Greenstuff cobblestones

All in all I am very happy with this mini. Another beauty of single figures is they are good for painting morale, especially when your in a bit of a funk. I'm working on another project at the moment that I'm not 100 percent satisfied with and this was a breath of fresh air. Oh and the armored cup, you need to protect your junk when you duel...

No comments:

Post a Comment