Thursday, January 24, 2013

Xmas Train!

We have a tradition of electric trains in my family ever since my Dad bought one back for us from Singapore. I decided it was time to share it with my own children. I built a small little Christmas village for it to circle as well.



I installed some Christmas lights between the trees to give the forest a sort of fairy woodland feel. Unfortunately that doesn't really come through in the photos.

I made use of some amazing Hirtsarts moldings that I cast ages ago but never got around to using.





The whole set is modular so I can pack it up easily and get it out of my basement/lair without damage. I plan to eventually add a latex road which will cover up the larger seam.


Both my son and my daughter loved the train set and it was a very big hit over Xmas. There was a somewhat regrettable tendency at first to put the people on the tracks but they got into the spirit of things relatively quickly. My next step is to acquire a cheap table so I can have it set up in the basement year round!

No comments:

Post a Comment